The 2019 Fair dates are June 14-July 7. The Fair will be open Wednesday through Sunday, 11AM to 11PM, each week. On July 4th, the Fair will be open until 8PM (no entry to parking lot after 3PM or admission gates after 4PM)
Alameda County Fairgrounds is located in Pleasanton on Bernal Avenue at Valley Avenue, off I-680. The main entrances are at Gates 8 and 12, off of Valley Avenue. Google Map It
Enter through Gate 8 or Gate 12 off of Valley Avenue. You will be directed to the parking area.
The Fair’s Will Call booth is located next to the Yellow Gate entrance (just left of the bus circle) at 4501 Pleasanton Avenue. Open during Fair 10AM to 9PM.
(Please note: Will Call closes at 4PM on July 4th)
$10 General Parking (Gate 8 & Gate 12 – Valley Ave)
$20 VIP Parking (Pleasanton Ave)
Parking fees must be paid in cash. Credit cards are not accepted.
Yes, smoking is permitted but in designated areas only. The Fair map shows all of the yellow smoking tent locations, or a staff member can direct you. Cannabis products of any kind are not permitted anywhere on the property.
No. Only registered service dogs are permitted on the property.
Yes, picnic items such as sandwiches, salads and other pre-prepared or packaged foods are permissible any day of the Fair as long as guidelines & restrictions are followed. All food items brought into the Fairgrounds must be contained inside personal insulation bags or similar.
Permissible picnic items (per person) include:
- Pre-prepared or packaged food items
- 1 soft-sided cooler/insulated bag (16”x16”x8” or smaller)
- 1 backpack or backpack-sized tote
- 1 Diaper bag
- 1 Folding chair
The following items are NOT permitted on Fairgrounds’ property:
- Grills or cooking equipment of any kind
- Loose food or food contained in large, catering-style pans, trays, bowls, etc.
- Hard shell coolers/ice chests (plastic, metal, etc.)
- Charcoal or flammable liquids
- Large shade umbrellas (small umbrellas/parasols are fine)
- Knives, metal utensils, or any item that could be considered or used as weapon.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cans or glass containers
PLEASE NOTE: All backpacks, bags, coolers & containers are subject to inspection upon entry.
The following items are not permitted anywhere on the property:
- Comfort animals or pets
- Guns, knives or any type of weapon
- Mace or pepper spray
- Illegal drugs or narcotics
- Cannabis products of any kind
- Bikes, skateboards, scooters, roller blades
Yes, handicapped parking is always available at the Fair.
Yes, the handicapped parking fee is the same as the regular parking fee.
You can print both the Fair Map and Daily Schedule from your computer.
- Fair Map – Coming Soon
- Daily Schedule – Coming Soon
- The regular bus stop is at Gate 8 on Valley Avenue. During Fair time, the BART Fair Shuttle drops and picks up riders at the Yellow Gate entrance on Pleasanton Avenue. All BART buses & shuttles dispatch from the Dublin/Pleasanton station.
- BART schedule: https://www.bart.gov/
- WHEELS bus & shuttle schedules: https://www.wheelsbus.com/
The Lyft/Uber drop-off area is located near the Yellow Gate entrance on Pleasanton Avenue.
Restrooms are located in or near all of the buildings on Fairgrounds property. Additional stand-alone facilities are located in the following areas: 1) across from the livestock pavilion, 2) between buildings C and F, 3) next to Monument Park, 4) outside the Amphitheater and 5) near the Admin building.
Yes. All restrooms on the property, including the Men’s rooms, are equipped with diaper changing stations.
Mothers are welcome to feed their babies any place they choose, but the Fair does offer a designated location that allows for comfort and privacy: the nursing room located in the Guest Services trailer (Red Zone).
Contact Guest Services or any employee wearing a shirt with the Fair logo
Lost and Found is located at Guest Services
Information booths are located near all three entrance gates in the Green, Red and Yellow Zones, plus one just outside the amphitheater
The Fair offers wheelchair and electric scooter rentals near the entrances on a first-come, first-served basis until 10PM (driver’s license required for deposit.) Rental fees are $20 for wheelchairs and $50 for electric scooters and good for the whole day. The amphitheater and grandstands also provide handicapped access and seating. For more information contact Guest Services at 925-426-7681.
Red Zone – Located across from the Guest Service Trailer – Fair Map
- Applicants seeking employment at the Alameda County Fair must be at least 16 years old. Apply Here – Coming Soon
- Students age 14-15 with a work permit are eligible for employment with the Fair’s food and merchandise vendors, however. Interested individuals may show up during the vendors’ set up time on June 13 to inquire about job opportunities.
Senior is 62+, Adult is 13-61, Child is 6-12 Child under 6 are free. For complete ticketing info click here
Military are Free every day with valid Military ID. Veterans are free with proof of service.
The Action Sports Arena is located in the Blue Zone area.
The carnival wristband entitles the wearer to unlimited rides located in the Midway and Kids Park carnival areas. Attractions located in other areas of the grounds such as the Spider Mount, Euro Bungee and Mechanical Bull are not part of the carnival rides and do charge a separate fee.
Kids’ STEAM-themed weekend and other activities are located in AgVenture Park in the Red Zone.
The All Alaskan Pig Races are located in the AgVenture Park in the Red Zone.