Health & Safety
The health and safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance and continues to be at the forefront during our Fall Fair. We are actively monitoring and following all State and County guidelines pertaining to COVID-19. During the 2021 Fair, tickets will be sold by the day and capacity will be limited to enhance safety and guest experience.
Please note the important details below prior to attending the 2021 Alameda County Fair:
- All guests (ages 2 and up), vaccinated and unvaccinated, are required to wear a mask indoors.
- When outdoors face coverings remain optional for all Guests in outdoor common areas.
- The State of California strongly recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated or receive a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering an event venue or attending a large public gathering.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
To see the current COVID-19 regulations, please visit – https://covid-19.acgov.org/index
*Subject to change pending State and County guidelines.
Guest safety is our first priority at Alameda County Fairgrounds. In our continued effort to ensure a safe and positive environment for all, security screenings are routinely conducted at entrance gates and the following measures are strictly enforced:
- Service animals only
- Prepared food contained in a soft cooler or insulated bag
- Soft-sided cooler or bag maximum size: 16”x16”x8”
- Diaper bag
- Folding chair
- Camel packs, non-breakable water containers
- Pocket knives (blades shorter than 3”)
- Pets or other animals
- Firearms, any type of weapon*
- Mace or pepper spray
- Illegal drugs or narcotics
- Cannabis products of any kind
- Alcohol or any type of alcoholic beverage
- Loose or catered-style food
- Hard shell coolers/ice chests
- Glass bottles, cans, flasks
- Grills/charcoal/flammable liquids
- Large shade umbrellas
- Bikes, skateboards, scooters, roller blades
- Professional camera equipment (see photography policy)
- Drones (see drone policy)
*Includes off-duty peace officers or any individual licensed to carry a concealed weapon.
Alameda County Fairgrounds is a smoking and vaping-free facility.
Smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce smoke or vapor are allowed in designated smoking areas only.
NOTE: Permissible and prohibited items are subject to change for individual events.
Fairgrounds Rules of Conduct
While on Fairgrounds property, all guests are expected to:
- Wear shirt and shoes at all times
- Behave respectfully
The following are considered serious conduct violations and may be cause for immediate removal from Fairgrounds property:
- Any act defined by federal, state, or local statute or ordinances as constituting a crime including damage, destruction, vandalism, or theft (may also lead to prosecution)
- Disorderly or disruptive conduct, or any activity that could result in physical harm to person or property
- Behavior indicative of alcohol or substance impairment
- Littering, spitting, sitting/propping feet on table tops, abuse of landscaping, property, etc.
- Blocking or obstruction of any building, booth, exhibit, concession, performance, ticket window, gate, stage, doorway, fire exit, stairway or walkway
- Solicitation including the selling and/or distribution of materials of any kind (The sales of goods and services may only be conducted in a designated commercial vendor space. Click here for the commercial vendor application for the 2021 Fair.)
Halloween Costume Policy
All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines:
- Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
- Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
- Costumes should not drag on the ground.
- Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.