Skip to content
Fields of Gratitude

3 Calhoun Sisters’ Ranch

About

Our family has been in California’s Livermore Valley since the late 1800s and farming and ranching on Mines Road in Livermore for over 100 years. Our paternal great grandfather Joseph Calhoun purchased a ranch on lower Mines Road in 1900 and moved to the ranch around 1925 after our great grandmother Maria Duarte Calhoun passed away. He raised sheep and cattle on his ranch. After Joseph passed away the ranch was divided among his children and eventually all of the pieces of that ranch were sold off except one. We still have one cousin living close to where the main house once stood.