Know Before You Go
Coming to the Fair, following is all you need to know to prepare for your trip.
Fair is Contactless, Skip the Lines
For the safety of our guests, the Fair is contactless. Purchase your admission and parking tickets online at home or on your mobile device. There are also kiosks at the gates to purchase tickets. Buy parking and admission ahead and save time at the gate as well as speed up the line.
- 2005 Valley Avenue, Gate 8, Pleasanton, CA 94566 (or Gate 12).
- If you did not buy ahead, credit and debit cards are accepted. Cash is not accepted.
- Have cash? Trade cash-for-a-card at Parking Gate 8. These cards can be used just like a credit card for parking, admission tickets, food, etc…in or outside the Fair where credit cards are accepted.
- If you need accessible parking, ask the parking attendant upon entering and they will try to find a solution. Parking rates apply.
- Pre-purchase with a credit or debit card.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted at the gates by scanning a QR code or visiting an Admission Gate Kiosk.
- Processing fees are the same for advance and day of purchased; on a mobile device and at a kiosk.
- Have cash? Trade cash-for-a-card at the admission gate. These cards can be used just like a credit card for parking, admission tickets, food, etc…in or outside the Fair where credit cards are accepted.
- There is no Will Call.
Food, Beverages & shopping
Food and beverage purchases take credit or debit and are sold through selected vendor system. Cash-for-a-card is accepted at all food and shopping locations.
Live horse racing
Mutuel Tellers for live racing betting located in the Grandstand are cash only. ATM’s are in the Grandstand to conveniently pull cash.
Cash, debit and credit cards are accepted at the Carnival kiosks (Midway and Kids’ Park):
- Carnival Ticket Kiosks take both cash and credit cards. (Carnival Kiosks are owned by Butler Carnival and are not the same as the ticket kiosks at the Gates, these machines take both cash and credit card.)
- Purchase one-day wristbands which offer unlimited rides and unlimited access to the Sky Ride, or individual tickets at the Carnival ticket booth kiosks.
- Don’t want a full day wristband, purchase individual tickets for rides and games (these tickets are on a wristband with a QR code for redemption).
- Starting June 14 the Carnival wristband advance sale ends and you will no longer be able to purchase online. All Fair time carnival tickets will only be sold at a Butler Carnival Kiosk in the Carnival areas and at full price.
Directions and Process
- 2005 Valley Avenue, Gate 8, Pleasanton, CA 94566 – Map & Directions
- Pre-purchase your parking ticket before arriving to keep the lines moving. Show your ticket – printed or on a mobile device (to keep line moving, please have it ready at the gates).
- Getting here – for information on directions, parking locations, BART schedules, Wheels Bus schedules, plus the locations of VIP parking lots, visit the Getting Here page under Guest Services.
Health & Safety Entry Policy
- The Fairgrounds follows the current State and County Health Orders. For more information, click here.
- No pets allowed and admission will be denied. There are no refunds, plan ahead.
- No smoking while on the Fairgrounds except in designated areas.
Find My Order
If you purchased tickets and cannot find your order, visit our Find My Order tool, click here. Or check your email, your tickets deliver to the email used when purchasing.
- The Fair will be open 12pm-11pm Wednesday – Sunday. On July 4 the hours are 12pm-8pm. Full Schedule
- Special Events
- Horse Racing – Friday-Sunday & Thursday, July 4 – visit here
- Nightly Movies at 6pm – for details – visit here
- Big O Tires Concert Series at 8pm – visit here
- Fireworks or Drone Show (no show on July 4) – visit here
- Fair Festivals – visit here
- Wine & Brew Fests – visit here
- $3 Fair Food Bite Thursdays & Food Finder – visit here
- Shopping Finder – visit here
Where to stay
The health and safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance and continues to be at the forefront during our events.
All guests and stollers “walk through” security using live scanning technology. Alameda County Fair uses state-of-the-art magnetometers scanning machines that guests simply walk through. The machine scans bags, strollers & persons for prohibited items, making it easier for our guests to enter the Alameda County Fair without sacrificing their safety while also streamlining lines. You will be asked to step aside for a bag search if the machine alarms.
Please reference the permitted and prohibited items you can bring to the Fair below.
Prohibited Concert Items
Beach balls, balloons or props are not allowed during concerts. For the safety of guests and respect of the performers, please do not throw props.